I am writing because we have not yet heard from you, and your support is greatly needed by September 30th.
As I’m sure you know, Israel and America are now facing serious threats throughout the Middle East. In recent months alone we have seen:
- Protestors in multiple Arab countries storm U.S. embassies, burn American and Israeli flags, and chant “death to America, death to Israel,” amidst false reports that a video was created by an Israeli Jew and backed by 100 Jewish financiers.
- Iran sent military personnel and large quantities of weapons across to Syria to aid the Assad regime’s violent crackdown.
- A deadly terror attack along the Egypt-Israel border that killed 16 Egyptians and enabled terrorists to penetrate into Israel.
- Leaders in Iran and its regional proxies increased their vitriol against Israel. The frequency and intensity of these recent statements has been troubling: “Anyone who loves freedom and justice must strive for the annihilation of the Zionist regime.” Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (August 17th).
- If you’re like most pro-Israel Americans, these events have made you more scared for Israel’s existence than you’ve likely felt in many years.
- But as you watch these dangers continue to unfold, it is important to remember there is something you can do to help keep Israel safe.
- You can join AIPAC, and help ensure that our leaders in Washington speak out clearly and unequivocally in support of Israel and that the aggressions shown toward our greatest ally Israel must immediately cease.
- At this dangerous time, the number one strategic answer to the threats facing Israel is for America to express – in every possible way- an unwavering, unshakable commitment to Israel.
- We must ensure that President Obama speaks out for Israel.
- We must ensure that America stands by its full commitment to Israel’s security assistance for fiscal year 2013, which is vital for Israel to be able to defend herself.
- And we must ensure that America continues to pledge 100% of its diplomatic support to Israel.
- We must do all of this, so that we can send a strong and loud message that America stands by Israel and that any attacks on Israel’s security is an attack on America’s security.”
“Those prophesying war with Iran are starting to sound like those wacky cult leaders who keep predicting the End of the World, and then keep moving the date when the world doesn’t end on schedule. At what point are we going to stop paying attention?”
“Time will tell if next year’s AIPAC conference finds President Obama or any of his top aides on its program.”