Gilad talks about Chosen-ness, Exceptionalism and Supremacy as applied to Jewish Identity Politics and other politics. He also talks about the Book of Esther & Purim.
Teaches Jews how to infiltrate into foreign administrations.”
Gilad Atzmon describing the Book of Esther.
An album by international artists to benefit the
GLOBAL MARCH TO JERUSALEM – NORTH AMERICA
We are pleased to announce the release of “Jerusalem for Us All,” a new compilation album to benefit the Global March to Jerusalem – North America (GMJ-NA) featuring the music of renowned international artists. The GMJ-NA is an independent and autonomous coalition of North American Groups planning to join the Global March to Jerusalem (GMJ), a groundbreaking new initiative that is organizing peaceful mass demonstrations on Land Day, 30th March 2012, in Palestine and the four neighboring countries: Egypt, Lebanon Jordan and Syria. Large non-violent solidarity protests will also be held in major cities around the world.
“Jerusalem for Us All” includes a diverse mix of hip hop, jazz, rock, folk, and a variety of classical cultural traditions:
- Stephan Said, “Take A Stand” Beatnick & K-Salaam Remix
- M1, “24 hours in Gaza”
- DAM, “Sajin Mixdown”
- Shadia Mansour, Robert Wyatt, Gilad Atzmon, and Ros Stephen (Ramallah Underground), “Where Are They Now”
- Sarah Gillespie, “How The Mighty Fall”
- Marcel Khalife, “Walking Tall” (Muntasebah al-Qamati Amshi)
- Rim Banna, “A Time to Cry”
- Muhammad Assaf, “Free People of the World are Marching towards You”
- Fun-Da-Mental, “Ja Shataan”
- Homan Bakhtiyari, “Felistin ey Felistin”
- Gilad Atzmon & the Orient House Ensemble, “La Cote Mediterranee”
- DARG Team, “Calling You” (Onadekom)
- Katibeh 5, “Malak !”
- David Rovics, “I Wanna Go Home”
- Phil Monsour, “I Left My Heart in Palestine”
- Rich Siegel, “In Palestine”
- Ragtop (Nizar Wattad), “1948”
- Nora Roman and the Border Busters, “Song for Palestine”
- Robert Wyatt, Tali Atzmon, Gilad Atzmon and Ros Stephen (Ramallah Underground), “The Ghosts Within”
All of these artists have united for the GMJ, which represents a diverse coalition of voices from various religious and non-religious communities. The GMJ has the support of hundreds of grassroots organizations worldwide, and endorsements from esteemed individuals including: Nobel Peace Laureates Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Mairead Maguire, Palestinian democracy activist Mustafa Barghouti, Jewish Renewal Movement Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, ANC leader Ronnie Kasrils, American philosopher and civil rights activist Dr. Cornel West, retired US Ambassador Edward Peck, anti-war activist Medea Benjamin, international law professor Richard Falk, and historian and writer Dr. Tariq Ali.
“Jerusalem for Us All” is for sale at www.cdbaby.com and www.gmj-na.org for $9.99. All proceeds will benefit the GMJ-NA.
Watch a short promotional video for the album featuring the song “I Wanna Go Home” By David Rovics.
Please distribute this announcement widely.